Spiiker “影视原声”,感受纯正英音,体味优雅贵族生活!
[Scene: Robert and Cora go on a walk with the dog.]
[情景:Robert和Cara牵着条狗在庄园里散步。]
Robert: She was certainly reluctant to go into mourning.
她显然不想去服丧。
Cora: Well, she'll have to. We all will.
由不能她,全家都要服丧。
O'Brien's sorting out my black now and I've told Anna to see what the girls have that still fits.Of course, this alters everything.
O'Brien已经开始为我筹备丧服了,我也吩咐Anna给女儿们找合身的衣裳。当然,这使得所有都要变了。
You won't try to deny it? You must challenge the entail now, surely?
你不需要试图别不承认了,无疑你需要考虑取消限定继承了。
Robert: Can't we at least wait until we know they're dead before we discuss it?
大家起码等他们的死讯确定了再谈这个问题。
Cora: Don't talk as if I'm not broken-hearted, because I am.
可不要说我仿佛我不对此事伤心哦,由于我也非常伤心。
Of course, I have never understood why this estate must go to whomever inherits your title.
当然,我也从未了解为何庄园需要给你的爵位继承人。
Robert: My dear, I don't make the law.
亲爱的,法律不是我拟定的。
[Scene: Mr Carson approaches them from the house.]
[情景:Carson从屋子走向他们。]
Robert: What is it?
如何了?
Carson: The Dowager Countess is in the drawing room.
老夫人来了,正在客厅等候。
Robert: I'll come now.
我这就过去。
Carson: She asked for Lady Grantham.
她想见夫人。
Caro: I wonder what I've done wrong this time.
我又是什么地方得罪她了。
Carson: And the new valet has arrived, my Lord.
新来的贴身男仆到了,老爷。
Robert: Has he? Thank you, Carson.What is it?
是吗 谢谢 Carson 有哪些问题吗
[Scene: Carson clears his throat.]
[情景:Carson清了清嗓子。]
Carson: I'm not entirely sure that he will prove equal to the task, but your Lordship will be thejudge of that.
我有的怀疑他能否胜任这份工作,但这还要由老爷你来论断。
[Scene:Carson returns to the house and Robert turns to Cora.]
[情景:Carson回到屋子,Robert转身面向Cora。]
Cora: I 'd better go.
我得去了。
Robert: Tell her about James and Patrick. She won't have heard.
告诉她James和Patrick的事,她不会听说到的。
1. 情景:有的事情是不由得大家去做还是不去做的,这种情况大家可以如此表述:
Sb. will have to do something.
来自于台词:Cora: Well, she'll have to. We all will.
2. 情景:你在工作中和某人发生了争执,引起争执一定有一方是对的,一方是错误,但双方都说自己有理。那样,这就会闹到总经理处让总经做个裁决。这个时候,你身为总经理的秘书在总经理还未到之前可以这么说:
Sb. will be the judge of this matter.
来自于台词:... but your Lordship will be the judge of that.
3. 情景:你是人事部的聘用职员,一个新职员在雇佣期间表现出色,完全可以胜任给予的工作,这个时候,你可以跟总经理说可以证实聘用他,这是你可以如此表达:
Sb. proves equal to the task.
来自于台词: I'm not entirely sure that he will prove equal to the task..
See more information, you can visit us
英语口语测试 http://www.spiiker.com/daily/
在线学习英语口语 http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp