跟着小必听英语,《走遍美国》带你领略纯正美音。简洁而实用,可以点个赞!
ACT II
Hi, Michelle. 嗨,Michelle。
Hello, Harry. 你好,Harry。
It's nice to see you again. 非常高兴再见到你们。
Hello. 你好。
Hi, Susan. 嗨,Susan。
We have both been excited about seeing you 大家两个非常高兴见到你
and having lunch with you today. 与大家一块吃午餐。
Michelle picked these flowers out for you. Michelle选这类花送给你。
Daddy, can we go soon? 父亲,大家能快点走吗?
We're going to go to lunch in a few minutes, honey. 大家一会就去吃午餐,亲爱的。
But I'm thirsty. 可是我渴了。
OK. You go out and get a drink of water at the fountain. 好。出去在饮水机那儿喝点水吧。
The fountain is over there, Michelle. 饮水机在那儿,Michelle。
Near the Exit sign. 就在出口附近。
Thank you. 谢谢 。
Michelle is a little shy. Michelle有点不好意思。
I used to be that way when I was her age. 我像她这般年龄也是如此。
Harry, if Michelle doesn't want to go, Harry,假如Michelle不想去,
we don't have to. 大家不必勉强。
She'll be fine. 她没问题。
Remember, 别忘了,
I haven't dated any one else since her mother died. 自从她妈妈过世之后,我从没和其他人约会过。
This is a little difficult for her. 这对她来讲有点不习惯。
Are you ready to go? 筹备好动身吗?
Yes. But could you wait one minute? 是的。不过你能等一下吗?
I have a call to make. 我需要打个电话。
Would you excuse me? 失陪一下。
Sam, get Mr. Levine at Toytown Stores Sam,给Toytown Stores的Levine先生
on the telephone for me, please. 请替我拨电话。
Right. 好的。
Hello. Susan Stewart calling Mr. Levine, please. 喂,Susan Stewart想与Levine先生通话。
He's on the phone. 他在电话上。
Mr. Levine, Susan Stewart. Levine先生,我是Susan Stewart。
I find myself in an embarrassing situation. 我目前有一件非常为难的事。
I made another lunch date for today 我和其他人约好共进午餐
and forgot to enter it in my appointment book. 但忘了写到工作日程。
Can you and I meet for drinks tomorrow? 你和我能否在明天见面吗?
I'd really appreciate it.... Yes.... Thank you.... 我很感激……好的……谢谢你……
Tomorrow at five o'clock at the Biltmore. 明天五点钟在Biltmore餐馆。
I'll see you then. 到时候见啦。
Thank you, Mr. Levine. 谢谢你,Levine先生。
Welcome to the South Street restaurant, folks. 欢迎光临南街饭店,各位。
What'll it be? 想来点什么?
What do you recommend? 你推荐什么?
Well, the crab salad's always a big hit. 嗯,蟹肉色拉一向是非常受青睐的。
Susan, would you like the crab salad? Susan,需不需要蟹肉色拉?
I'd love the crab salad. 我要蟹肉色拉。
Michelle, would you like to try the crab salad, too? Michelle,需不需要也试一试蟹肉色拉?
OK, Daddy. 好的,父亲。
We'll have three crab salads 大家来三份蟹肉色拉。
and a pitcher of lemonade. 和一壶柠檬汁。
Help yourself to celery and carrots and other vegetables. 请你们自己盛芹菜,胡萝和其他蔬菜。
We used to catch crabs. 大家以前常捉螃蟹。
Where was that? 在什么地方?
We had a summer house on Fire Island. 大家在火岛有一所避暑房子。
Do you remember, Michelle? 你还记得吗,Michelle?
Sure. 当然记得。
You and Mommy used to take me on the ferryboat. 你和母亲常带我坐渡船。
Sometimes, at night, 有时,在夜里,
we would go down to the beach and catch crabs, 大家走到海边抓螃蟹,
remember? 记得吗?
With a piece of meat on a string! 用一根绳子拴着一点肉。
Right. 对。
Well, I think I'm going to go get us all some vegetables. 好啦,我想我去给大伙盛点蔬菜来。
There you go. 东西来了。
Thank you. 谢谢。
And some ice-cold lemonade. 还有冰凉的柠檬汁。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Enjoy it. 请享用。
Michelle, can I help you with the lemonade? Michelle,我助你倒点柠檬汁,怎么样?
No, thank you. 不,谢谢你。
I'll wait for my father. 我要等我父亲。
Michelle, can we have a talk? Michelle 大家能谈一谈吗?
Sure. 当然。
I know you miss your mother. 我了解你想念你母亲。
You do? 真的了解?
Yes. And I'm not trying to take her place. 是的,我并不想取代她。
Then why are you and Daddy 那为何你和父亲
spending so much time together? 总是在一块呢?
Because we like each other. 由于大家彼此喜欢。
And right now, he needs a friend. 而且目前,他需要一个朋友。
I'm his friend. 我是他的朋友。
I know you are. 我了解你是。
Sometimes he's very sad. 他有时非常忧郁。
And so are you, I think. 我想你也是这样。
Sometimes. 有时。
I'd like to be your friend, too. 我也想成为你的朋友。
Will you let me be your friend, Michelle? 想让我成为你的朋友吗,Michelle?
So, what were you two talking about? 你们两个刚刚谈什么了?
Just girl talk, Daddy. 只不过女生之间的谈话,父亲。
It's too hard to explain. 这非常难讲解了解。
You're probably right. 或许你们说得对。
Well, let's get started. 好吧,大家开始吃吧。
See more information, you can visit us
英语口语测试 http://www.spiiker.com/daily/
在线学习英语口语 http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp