每一个人都有忧郁的日子。
Everybody has blue days.
那些日子真是惨透了,你感觉心里乱糟糟的、怨气丛生、寂寞、整个人彻底的精疲力竭。
These are miserable1 days when you feel lousy,grumpy,lonely,and utterly2 exhausted3.
那些日子总会叫你感到我们的渺小和微不足道,Days when you feel small and insignificant4,
每件事情好像都够不着边。
when everything seems just out of reach.
你根本没办法振作起来。
You cant rise to the occasion.
根本没力气重新开始。
Just getting started seems impossible.
在忧郁的日子里,你可能变成偏执狂,感觉每一个人都想要吃定你。
On blue days you can become paranoid that everyone is out to get you.
其实状况并不一直那样糟。
This is not always such a bad thing.
你感到灰心、焦虑,可能开始神经质地拼命咬指甲,然后不可收拾地陷入一眨眼吃掉三大块巧克力蛋糕的疯狂!
You feel frustrated5 and anxious,which can induce a nail-biting frenzy6 that can escalate7 into a triple-chocolate-mud-cake-eating frenzy in a blink of an eye!
在忧郁的日子里,你会感觉自己在悲伤的海里沉沉浮浮。
On blue days you feel like youre floating in an ocean of sadness.
不论在什么时间,你总有种想哭的冲动,却不了解为了什么。
Youre about to burst into tears at any moment and you dont even know why.
最后,你感觉自己犹如行尸走肉,失去生活目的。
Ultimately,you feel like youre wandering through life without purpose.
你不了解自己还可以撑多长时间,Youre not sure how much longer you can hang on,
然后你想大喊一声:哪个来一枪把我打死吧!
and you feel like shouting,Will someone please shout me!
其实一点小事就叫你一天都郁闷难当。
It doesnt take much to bring on a blue day.
或许只不过一觉醒来,没感觉到或者看到自己最棒的一面,You might just wake up not feeling or looking your best,
发现自己又多了几条皱纹,又重了几斤,或是鼻子上冒出了一个大包。
find some new wrinkles,put on a little weight,or get a huge pimple8 on your nose.
你可能忘记了约会对象的名字,或是有张可笑的照片被登出来。
You could forget your dates name or have an embarrassing photograph published.
你可能让人抛弃、离了婚,或是被开除,当众出丑,被刻薄的绰号弄得心乱如麻,You might get dumped,porced,or fired,make a fool of yourself in public,be afflicted9 with a demeaning nickname,
可能只由于你得整天顶着一个其丑无比的发型。
or just have a plain old bad-hair day.
或许工作叫你痛苦得如坐针毡。
Maybe work is a pain in the butt10.
你在强大的重压下顶替别人的地方,Youre under major pressure to fill someone elses shoes,
你的老板对你百般挑剔,your boss is picking on you,
办公室里的每个人都叫你发疯。
and everyone in the office is driving you crazy.
你或许会头疼欲裂,You might have a splitting headache,
或重心不稳跌个正着,口臭、牙痛、不停放屁、口干舌燥,or a slipped dish,bad breath,a toothache,chronic gas,dry lips,
或是指甲长到肉里头了。
or a nasty ingrown toenail.
不管哪些原因,你确定上面有人不喜欢你。
Whatever the reason,youre convinced that someone up there doesnt like you.
唉,该如何解决,到底该如何解决呢?
Oh what to do,what to dooo?
嗯,你可能跟大多数人一样,Well,if youre like most people,
随意找个东西躲起来,以为事情会自行解决。
youll hide behind a flimsy belief that everything will sort itself out.
结果你得花掉下半生的时间回头看,Then youll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder,
等着一次有一次重蹈覆辙。
waiting for everything to go wrong all over again.
最后你会变成一个易怒的、愤世嫉俗的,或者是一个可怜兮兮的、哭哭啼啼的受害者。
All the while becoming crusty and cynical11 or a pathetic,sniveling victim.
最后你绝望地躺在地上,祈求地球将你吞没,或是沉迷在比利。乔的蓝调音乐中不可以自拔。
Until you get so depressed12 that you lie down and beg the earth to swallow you up or,even worse,become addicted13 to Billy Joel songs.
这的确非常蠢,This is crazy,
由于你只能年轻一次,而且绝对不可能老两次。
because youre only young once and youre never old twice.
布拉德里特雷弗格里夫