五一长假也是亲朋好友聚会的好时节。难得大伙有闲暇聚在一块,大吃一顿自然是不可少的。要想吃的好、又吃得有环境,自然要找一家口碑好的餐馆。可是如此的餐馆常常也是人满为患,最好的方法就是提前预定了。下面是一些有关预定餐馆的英文表达,可以现学现卖!
A: I'd like to reserve a table for three at 7:00 this evening.
我想要订一张今晚7:00三个人的桌位。
B: Let me check. Hold on, please. Yes, that's fine. Smoking or nonsmoking area?
我来查查询。请稍候。是的,没问题。你要抽烟区还是非抽烟区?
A: Nonsmoking, please.
请给我非抽烟区的。
B: All right. May I have your name?
好的。请教你的大名是?
A: My name is Zhong.
敝姓钟。
B: How do you spell that, sir?
先生,请问如何拼?
A: Z-H-O-N-G.
Z-H-O-N-G.
订桌位还可以说:
I'd like to make a reservation1 for this Saturday evening.
我这个礼拜六晚上想订张桌位。
挑选中意的位子时还可以说:
We'd prefer a table by the window.
大家喜欢靠窗的桌位。
We'd like to sit by the window.
大家想要坐在窗边。
We'd like a smoking table.
大家想要抽烟区的桌位。
I'd like a quiet corner, if possible.
我想要安静的角落,假如可能的话。
Could we have a table close to the band?
大家可以选挨近乐队的桌位吗?