1. To be aware of
I wasnt even aware that he was ill.
我都不了解他生病了。
2. To realize
I realize how difficult its going to be, but we must try.
我了解这有多困难,但大家需要尝试一下。
3. To recognize
He sadly recognized he would die childless.
他同意了这个悲哀的事实:他将无儿无女、孤苦伶仃地度过残生。
4. To appreciate
I appreciate that its a difficult decision for you to make.
我领会得出,你作出如此的决定有多难。
5. To acknowledge
We acknowledged the need for reform.
大家承认改革的需要。
6. To notice
I notice you arent quite convinced.
我感到你还不太相信。
7. I see
Im tired. So I see - youve been yawning all afternoon.
我累了。我了解你整个下午都打哈欠。
8. I see what you mean.
含有不太赞同他们所说的意思。
9. fair enough
多用在英式口语里哦,表示你感觉有道理;做得(或说得)对。
Im just annoyed with him because hes behaved so badly. Fair enough.
令我感到不快的是他太没礼貌了。说得没错。
10. All right./OK.
用在其他人说的事情你已经了解了,或者他们已经说过不少次了。
11. I see/take your point.
或者可以说Point taken,意思是我了解你的意思。
其实也隐含了点不认可他们的意思。
12. I dont blame sb
理解为我不会怪;我理解的心情。
I dont blame him for getting angry - shes being really annoying.
我理解他生气是什么原因她实在太烦人了。
13. I get what you mean./I get you.
get可以表示懂,理解;听见。
I told that joke to Sophia, but she didnt get it.
我跟索菲娅讲了那个笑话,可她没听懂。